Address: Chericov, Mogilev region 213530, Boldina Street, 31
Receiving room: 8 (02243) 31741
(Hunting and Agro-Tourism)
Infrastructure: a guest house (an arbor, a charcoal grill, a bath, a bee garden, a small lake).
The hunting house is a two-storey building with three rooms. The house can accommodate nine people.
Outdoor activities include hiking, gathering mushrooms and berries, hunting and fishing.
Phone: 8 02243 3 10 39,
Phone/fax 8 02243 3 18 21.
Dear visitors, we would be happy to show you the landmarks of Cherikov District. Our district has a remarkable and glorious history and we invite you to have a glimpse at it.
The local attractions include:
ORTHODOX CHURCH. The building of the church was constructed in the 1860s as a hall of the nobility.
MONUMENT TO COUNTRYMEN. The monument is located in Boldina Street in the square. It commemorates 235 locally born soldiers, partisans and members of the underground who died during the Great Patriotic War in the frontline and in the rear fighting against Nazi invaders.
MEMORIAL SIGN “50 YEARS OF VICTORY”. The memorial sign can be found in the central square of the town. It was unveiled in 1995 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the victory in the Great Patriotic War.
TOWN PARK. The history of the Park goes back to the visit of Catherine II to the town of Cherikov. Linden alleys in the form of two letters "e" were planted in the park in her honor.
There is the tomb to fighters for Soviet power, the memorial sign "400 years of Cherikov" in the park. The place is one of the centers of cultural life of town people.
MEMORIAL SIGN “400 YEARS of CHERIKOV”. The sign was established in the town park in 2004 during the celebrations of the 400th anniversary of the town. A capsule with a message to future generations was buried beside the stone.
BUILDING OF THE REGIONAL COMMUNITY CENTER. The building which now houses the regional community center is the former Roman Catholic church of the 19th century. It was built in 1856, at the site of the former wooden one which was erected in 1792. New building of the community center is under construction on the shore of the town lake.
BUILDING OF REGIONAL CONSUMER SOCIETY. The premises of the modern regional consumer society were a prison before the October revolution. The building housed a prison hospital and a church, a library and a workshop. During the Great Patriotic War, the building housed Gestapo quarters. Ivan Denisenko, the underground movement member and a journalist, was held captive in this building before execution. Ivan Denisenko was one of the organizers and leaders of the Cherikov underground movement. He was captured and executed by the Nazis in 1943. A plaque was installed on the building in 1967 to honor the memory of Ivan Denisenko.
MASS GRAVE OF SOVIET SOLDIERS AND PARTISANS of 191 soldiers and three partisans killed in the WWII. It is located in Karl Marx Street, in the Victory Park. Among those buried are soldiers of the 413th rifle division of the 50th army of the Bryansk Front perished in the fight to liberate Cherikov from the Nazis and partisans of the 720th independent brigade. The obelisk was erected in 1956.
HOSPITAL. Located in 132 Leninskaya Street. Built from brick in the late 19th-early 20th centuries. The hospital comprises the former therapy and surgery units. The hospital is a species of civil construction.
MONUMENT TO NAZI VICTIMS. The monument is located not far from the town of Cherikov, above the bridge over the Sozh River to the left of the Cherikov-Krasnapolle highway. The memorial represents a composition of three monuments with granite plates and signs on them.
MEMORIAL TO CHERNOBYL VILLAGES OF CHERIKOV DISTRICT. The memorial was erected on the lakeshore in honor of 22 villages that were abandoned after the Chernobyl nuclear accident.